Thursday, August 27, 2009

Red Dog the pilbara wanderer page roughs 3

One of the things I am working on is a sort of educational book which I think is a condensation of the book Red Dog for Oxford University Press. Its sort of been difficult because I can't seem to find too much reference for Karratha Dampier and its people in the 1970's- still I'm sort of extrapolating using my memories of the early 70's clothes and hair atrocities.
I'm not exactly a huge car fan but I'll be learning to draw 1970's holdens as a result of working on it.
Also some of the images might be a bit complex (for the money) so I might have to work the perspectives out properly.
Actually I just read last week there's going to be a film made of Red Dog.
Never quite in the right place at the right time it seems (for now).












Its a shame it isn't a highly paid job, where I could actually go to that part of Western Australia for research. Still hopefully the Red Dog images will resolve alright. You'll notice Ive got several versions of the various images. I seem to be getting reactions of suprise when I give people a couple of takes on a given image- maybe book publishing people aren't used to being given a choice of images?

No comments: