Friday, March 16, 2012

Fathers Day-

Each little mates book I try to do things a bit different or different from the last couple of books at least. Here a re a few pages from the father's day book. Whats different? I think I tried to make it not as dark and not so laboured- bigger simple images. The next book is a christmas special so I guess I'll have to go over the top with that one. hopefully I will have rehabilitated myself back into drawing well by then.(or better).



I'll try to go back to life drawing and get stuck into that I think-the times I've ever improved were when I did intensive life drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lachlan, I bought the first series of these books in a bundle from Target and they are really inspiring in their humour and the creativity of the imagined action. Your fine observational and drawing skills mean that you gave believability to what must have been really daunting writings, (although must have been great fun and a challenge too!)You and the author really pulled the project off and their is so much of that in the appeal of your clever and warm hearted illustrations. You've got a fantastic eye for character interactions. Sorry you don't know me from a bar of soap but i just wanna say these little books are a fine achievement. I love them! I'd love to see them animated too! Hope that is in the pipeline. Your approach is fresh! Just had to say all that!D I do read your blog and am impressed by how you diversify what you do.